We teach classes all over Florida...
The Closing Agent is currently offering the following CE Classes:
1)Requirements for sellers, buyers and agents under the FR/BAR Contract
2)Timelines, delivery of documents, escrow requirements, and other contractual obligations.
3)How to be best prepared as a Listing Agent or Selling Agent.
4)Contract considerations regarding escrow disputes.
5)Provisions within the sales contract when attempting to cancel a contract or avoid a contract from being cancelled.
6)New contract financing contingency pitfalls and how to resolve.
8)FARBAR Timeline Forms
Types of Agency
1) An overview of the processes involved in being either a listing agent, buyer’s agent, or transactional agent.
2) Commission implications of each type of agency
3) A review of agency disclosure requirements.
4) A review of the fiduciary duties owed to a buyer or seller in each type of agency relationship.
5) A brief overview of Florida Agency Law.
FIRPTA/1031 Exchanges/Investment Properties
1) Taxation of a seller under the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act.
2) What persons and property are subject to FIRPTA withholding?
3) What exceptions are there to FIRPTA?
4) 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges
5) Timelines, requirements and considerations for 1031 investing.
6) A review of tax certificates and tax deed sales.
7) Homestead exemptions.
8) Each attendee will receive Section 1031: Tax Deferred Exchanges In A Nutshell.
Title 101: How To Review A Title Commitment
1) Discussion regarding wild mortgages, defective deeds, legal description defects, and vesting errors.
2) How judgments and liens affect the buying and selling process.
3) Information regarding title commitments, payoffs, lispendens, estoppels, municipal lien searches, surveys and permitting and how each can affect a real estate transaction.
4) Review of financing contingencies and vital dates to avoid forfeiture of the deposit.
5) Examine trust vesting and corporate requirements for both buyers and sellers.
1) Overview of how to read a survey.
2) What to do when there are encroachments which could affect the sale of the property.
3) When to object to a survey defect.
4) Discussion regarding easements of record.
5) Different types of easements and their implications.
6) A discussion of different types of legal descriptions.
1) A review of standard FR/BAR addendums.
2) A detailed review of each type of addendum with an emphasis on:
- HOA/COA Addendums
- Short Sale Addendums
- Appraisal Contingencies
- FHA/VA Addendums
3) A discussion and examination of the legal implications of each type of addendum.
1) We will examine the different types of probate:
- Summary Administration
- Formal Administration
- Ancillary Administration
2) Review how to handle homestead versus non-homestead property.
3) Discuss cost and time that it takes to administer a probate, and who is authorized to sign the listing agreement and contract.
4) The process for approving the sale of property with the Court.
5) How to avoid probate by strategic titling of real property.
“Thanks so much for your time and effort for my students! They were wowed by all the detail
they now have about the real issues around the contract and closing that they will encounter…
If we can work out another visit from you for my summer class, we’ll see if we can video the
session. ALL my students need to hear your presentation…Thanks again! You are the best!”